Energy Performace Certificate (EPC's)
What is an EPC?
EPC's give a guide on how energy efficient a property is and gives recommendations on how to make the dwelling more efficient.
Much like the multi coloured energy stickers on new appliances EPC's give a dwelling an energy rating from A (very efficient) to G (inefficient).
Do I need an EPC?
Yes if your property is not a listed building.
As of the 21st May 2010 any property placed on the market for sale or rent will require an EPC.
Where can I get my EPC?
We have our own in house qualified DEA who can carry out your Energy Performance Certificate.
Can I market or rent the property before I receive the EPC?
Yes, as long as the EPC has been ordered or paid for.
Who is responsible for obtaining an EPC?
The seller or landlord must provide the EPC, but our in house assessor can carry this out within 24 hours we will then of course upload this EPC to our system along with the National EPC Register.
Why Charles Harding for my EPC?
- Our surveyor George Harding has been accredited since 2007.
- We wont delay marketing of your property he is available to carry out your EPC the day your property goes to market.
- More than 20,000 EPC's carried out in and around the Swindon area.
- Our surveyor has an on going EPC contract with Swindon Borough Council since 2010.
- Very competitively priced please ask for costs at point of valuation.
- Fully insured and accredited member of Quidos scheme.