Tenants – Why rent through Charles Harding?
- Superb selection and range of rental homes
- On the spot accompanied viewings
- 24 hour online repair service
- Dedicated and trained staff
- Referencing and prompt move in procedures
- Competitive fees
- Hands on customer support throughout your tenancy
- Bonded and protected deposit scheme
- We are open SATURDAYS
- Property Ombudsman member & NFOPP
- Swindons longest running independent Estate Agency business established in 1977
Permitted payments For properties in England, the Tenant Fees Act 2019 means that in addition to rent, lettings agents can only charge tenants (or anyone acting on the tenant's behalf) the following permitted payments:
- A refundable holding deposit equivalent to one weeks rent is required upon reservation of a property
- Following successful references a deposit of five weeks rent total will be required.
- Payments to change/new tenancy agreement (capped at £50 or, if higher, any reasonable costs are incurred)
- All relevant utilities and communications such as gas, electricity, water, council tax, TV, broadband
- Interest payments for late payment of rent (3% above the Bank of England base rate)
- Payment of any unpaid rent and other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
- Payment of £20 for first hour then £10 per hour there after for the reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices, plus cost of replacement keys and locksmith.
- Any other permitted payments
Charles Harding Estate Agents and Property Management are a member of The Property Ombudsman.