Our help and advice
TOP TIPS TO SELL YOUR HOME
Any unneccesary items can be removed for the photos, helping rooms appear bigger.
Clean and Tidy
We are not saying clean the sink and mop the floor 4 times a day as we understand keeping an immaculately clean house is not always easy, but for viewings re-arrange furniture if needed to maximise space, Ensure surfaces are clean and dust free.
Let us take control
Let us accompany your viewings, our professional experienced staff are knowledgable about each property we market.
Avoid direct contact with your potential buyer and let us accompany your viewings at a convenient time to suit you.
Let there be light
A potential buyer regularly mentions how spacious and light a room is, make yours stand out by drawing back curtains and blinds.
First impressions count so it helps to touch up paintwork both internally and externally if needed. Freshly mown grass and cut hedges make gardens attractive to any viewer.
What is the process
1. Valuation - Our aim at Charles Harding is to sell your house in the quickest possible time and for the best possible price.
Our experienced valuers will advise you on current market conditions in order to acheive the maximum value for your home.
2. Choosing an Estate Agent - Prominent High Street presence, Marketing and accompanied viewings help give maximum exposure to the ever changing market. We offer all this plus more at Charles Harding, Please contact to discuss.
3. Going to market - Get your property seen not only by our current proceedable buyers we have on our computer linked system but also by the wide range of marketing platforms we use. Rightmove, Zoopla, Prime Location with (Premium listings), local newspaper advertising, Large LED lit office window displays and detailed property particulars.
An EPC needs to be commissioned prior to going on the market, this is a legal requirement and our own in house surveyor can complete this for you.
4. Let us take control - Foot traffic has increased significantly and we are seeing buyers visiting our offices more and more regularly. This is a opportunity for us to show off your property in house and then accompany a viewing immediately.
Many of our viewings are carried out after our office opening hours and weekends making sure every interested buyer goes through your door.
5. Offer - We will notify you of any offer received on your property, this is your decision and advice will be given on the market conditions at the time of offer. Checking the background of each buyer is something very important to us as it helps speed the sales process up.
6. Accepting your offer - Time to instruct your solicitor to act on your behalf, we will then write to all parties involved and notify you along the way.
7. Exchange of contracts
8. Completion - You have succesfully sold your property. We will now release keys to the purchaser.
What is the process
1. Finance - How are you funding your property purchase. We have in house mortage advisors if needed.
2. Register with Charles Harding - Tell us your requirements and let us help find your dream home. Price, Location, Size are all needed to help us find your next home.
3. Booking your viewings - We will arrange a time which is convenient with yourselves and the owner and accompanying you along the way. We will help find out what you want to know regarding each property.
4. Making an offer - By phone, email or visiting one of our high st shops we will deal directly with the owner ensuring maximum respect for both sides.
5. Offer agreed - You would need to then instruct your solicitor to act for your purchase, we would prepare a memorandum of sale and write to every party involved in the process.
6. Survey and Mortgage offer - There is still no legal obligation at this stage, your mortgage lender will arrange for a survey to be carried out on the property you are purchasing this will identify any structual problems and approve its value. The surveyor will then report back to you the evidence of there findings.
7. Exchange of contracts - Once the contracts between the seller and purchasers have been signed the deposit is transferred from the buyer to the sellers solicitors.
Exchange of contracts will only happen when all enquiries raised have been confirmed and you have agreed to proceed, once done a completion date will be fixed.
8. Completion - This happens on the agreed date and only when the other outstanding amount has been sent to the sellers solicitors.
We then hold keys for you to collect.
Preparing your home for winter
Having the heating on during cold days for viewings makes the home warm and welcoming, open or feature fireplaces tend to be a focal point use them if you can.
What ever the weather your potential buyer will probably want to view the garden and rear elevation, keep this clean and tidy and be aware of slippery decking.
Instructing a Solicitor
Who to choose
Keep it local to you - Shop around for quotes and if you want any recommendations please be in touch.